Part-Time Bookkeeper for Small Accountancy Firm in York
This small accountancy firm based in York is looking for a Part-Time Bookkeeper to join the team. As a Bookkeeper, you will be responsible for maintaining accurate financial records for a range of clients including charities and social care providers and ensuring that their financial transactions are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Recording financial transactions for clients, including sales, purchases, payments, and receipts.
- Managing accounts payable and accounts receivable for clients.
- Reconciling bank statements and other financial records to ensure accuracy.
- Generating financial reports and statements for clients on a regular basis.
- Assisting with payroll processing and related tasks.
- Communicating with clients to resolve any issues or discrepancies in their financial records.
- Keeping up-to-date with changes in accounting regulations and best practices.
- Ideally you’ll be at least AAT qualified, and it would be great if you had commenced or completed further studies.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in bookkeeping or a related field within an accountancy practice setting.
- Proficiency in bookkeeping software and tools, such as QuickBooks or Xero.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and financial record keeping.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Effective communication skills to interact with clients and team members.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices.
This is a part-time Bookkeeper position for approximately 20 hours per week, but can be flexible, and they are very flexible in terms of where and when you can complete your work, but you will be required to spend some time at their York offices so you’ll be living within a commutable distance (i.e. no more than an hour away from the office).
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualification, but could range from c£35 – 45K FTE.