We’re delighted to be supporting a North East based non-profit organisation with the recruitment of a Finance and Payroll Officer. Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Finance and Payroll Officer will be responsible for day-to-day financial operations including bookkeeping, payroll management, invoicing, and payment processing.
- Conduct month-end bookkeeping, ensuring precise transaction categorisation and the production of management accounts up to the trial balance.
- Oversee monthly payroll, including data collation, timely employee, NI, and pension payments, and the distribution of payslips.
- Manage payment processes, ensuring adherence to governance standards and efficient processing through the bank.
- Timely invoicing of customers and facilitation of cash receipt.
- Support budgeting and forecasting by collating data and contributing to financial forecasts.
- Assist in the production of monthly reports and management accounts for budget holders, Senior Management Team (SMT), and Trustees as needed.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- CIMA/AAT or ACA qualified (or working towards qualifications).
- 2 years of experience in administering payroll in a medium-sized organisation.
- Preferably, previous experience in a charitable organisation.
- Experience in salary drawdown schemes is desirable.
- Familiarity with reporting to HMRC.
- £28,000.00-£29,000.00 per year
- 28 days’ Annual Leave, increasing with length of service.
- Company Pension.
- Employee Discount Scheme.
- Season Ticket Loan.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme.
- Salary early drawn down scheme.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Occupational sickness scheme.
- Supportive team working environment.
- Hybrid working options.
If you are excited about this opportunity and are eager to contribute your expertise to organisation committed to making a positive impact, please apply as soon as possible or get in touch with Helen Dodds in our Newcastle office to request a detailed recruitment pack.