Holbeach Hurn: Spalding area: Lincolnshire
Some Hybrid available
Broster Buchanan are delighted to be working in partnership with Manor Fresh Limited, an independently managed joint venture company, who source, pack and supply a broad range of high-quality potato and vegetable products to leading retail, wholesale and food service outlets in the UK.
You will be joining a passionate team of highly motivated individuals who are always looking to improve the customers experience and internal ways of working and not bound by bureaucracy and hoops to jump through.
The position will receive support and mentorship from an experienced FD with the aim of future progression being available.
With the support of a small finance team, the position of Financial Controller will report to the Finance Director and take ownership for the timely production of weekly and monthly management accounts, ensure KPI frameworks and finance IS systems are up to date, fit for purpose and effectively support the evolving needs of the business.
A key requirement of the position will be to add insight and visualisation into reporting via the use of Power BI and other Business Intelligence tools.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities:
- Support the Finance Director leading the development and implementation of KPI frameworks and Finance IS systems in conjunction with the IT department
- Proactive management of team
- Lead the weekly accounts process
- Lead delivery of Monthly Management Accounts
- Support Finance Director on annual budget process and rolling forecasts
- Management & payment VAT, PAYE & corporation tax
- Lead annual Statutory Audit targeting annual reductions with no major adjustments needed
- Stock analysis including ageing and obsolescence
- Debtor management (focused on aged items and claims / deductions)
- Creditor management (timely processing and payment fully utilising supplier payment terms, aged creditor control
- Management of bank payments and receipts
- Maintenance of fixed asset register
- Ad hoc tasks/ projects
- Professional accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Minimum 2 years in similar role in complex fast moving environment (preferably manufacturing)
- Ambitious, hardworking and committed
- Advanced spreadsheet skills
- Good understanding of ERP, peripheral systems and their interactions
- Conversant with Power BI or equivalent data warehouse
- Able to converse at all levels in business and across all functions. Desire to get under the numbers and all around the business including shop floor.
- KPI Driven
- Experience of Prophet or similar consignment based system
- Produce / Food manufacturing experience (FMCG)
- Systems implementation experience
- Major capital project experience
- Experience of open book costing with customer
- Experience working with data warehouse analysis tools e.g. Power BI
Please reach out to Matthew Shirley for full details