Peterborough – Cambridgshire
Hybrid working – 2 on site/ 3 home
Interim assignment on a 4 or 5 day week considered.
Broster Buchanan are delighted to be supporting a Global multisite client with an interim hire for c9 months.
This is a varied technical role that would suit an imminently or immediately available finance professional.
The responsibilities of the Group Finance Manager will be:
- Leading a small team to ensure that financial accounting and reporting within the Group is completed on an accurate, timely and efficient basis.
- Supporting divisional business finance teams with their strategic projects, including tax and treasury issues.
- Upstream and downstream queries are answered quickly and accurately
- Completion of the year end process, including external audit.
- Focus on continuous improvement throughout
- Your team is developed and supported
- Ensure monthly results are analysed and fully understood, especially balance sheet, FX and interest.
- Provide technical guidance with more complex accounting transactions.
- Assist the Group Financial Controller with:
- Reviewing strategic projects (e.g. acquisitions, taxation, re-financing or major capex expansions)
- Managing financial control risk including the roll out of UK Sox
- Improving systems and processes across the businesses
To apply for this role you will need to be a fully qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA accountant with a good level of post qualified experience
- Able to build informal networks to influence
- Consolidation system experience (Hyperion, Cognos or similar)
- Willingness to “roll up sleeves” to help out others
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Competent excel user
- Curiosity and willingness to “look under rocks”
- Confidence to stand your ground if necessary
- Experience building reports in Power BI, Qlik Sense or similar software
- Experience of Financial technology projects (e.g. RPA, system implementations or upgrades)
- Cognos expertise