This role will have specific responsibility for supporting the Group Internal Controls Manager to deliver key targets in 2023 and beyond with a specific focus on IT General Controls.
- Devise and develop an appropriate, standardised, ITGC Framework and implement for both ERPs and IT systems more generally
- Support Control owners to develop and implement remediation plans for identified control deficiencies, working with relevant stakeholders to ensure timely and effective solutions
- Identify systems and application owners and sufficiently train to manage the requirements of the framework
- Assess the effectiveness of ITGCs and identify areas for improvement, including through risk assessments, control testing, and data analysis.
- Develop a set of procedural guides to support systems/ application owners in complying with the ITGC framework
- Ensure the Global SOX Controller is supported by this role with the annual scoping exercise for IT elements
- Appropriate assurance programmes are developed for Automated Controls (ITACs)
- Work with other teams within the organisation to provide guidance on ITGCs and promote a culture of strong internal controls.
- Work with Internal Audit to ensure alignment on work and audit recommendations
- Support external Auditors to deliver their specific controls assurance requirements
- Provide the various assurance teams (external or internal) with a suitable trace and escalation process to resolve issues with first line of defence teams and vice versa.
- Support business process control work as needed
Experience & Qualifications:
- Qualified ACA/ ACCA/ CISA (preferred) or finalist
- Working within Internal Audit, Internal Controls or specific SOX experience in the ITGC field
- Experience of auditing and/ or implementing IT General Controls
N.B. Detailed knowledge of SAP/ SAP S4Hana and/ or other Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems would be beneficial to the role but is not essential.