You are an experienced finance professional and you can lead across a range of activities across the Finance function and will have experience in leading across project delivery, finance business partnering, financial planning and analysis work.
You might have become a bit uninspired by the routine elements of finance and crave a role where you can use your finance skills to add huge amounts of value to change and transformation projects that offer you a wide variety of tasks to challenge you to identify and deliver new solutions.
You will be looking for a role where you can lead on the financial management of the organisation’s change portfolio and will build successful relationships, gain trust and promote excellent team working practices both externally and internally and at all levels of an organisation. You’ll contribute to upskilling, supporting and developing the finance team to offer an even better financial service to a wide range of high profile stakeholders across a large and complex organisation, but without specific line management responsibility.
What you’ll be doing:
The role will be varied and will not be restricted to fixed responsibilities. Areas of work which the role could undertake include the following:
- Spearhead the financial management of the organisation’s change portfolio and develop and implement a comprehensive framework, standards, and approach for portfolio and project financial management, ensuring consistency and effectiveness.
- Utilize your expertise in Benefits Management principles to establish a framework ensuring the delivery of business benefits across all change programs.
- Scrutinize and challenge key initiatives to ensure robust financials and consistent application of methods and tools.
- Establish effective portfolio financial management processes and controls, including cost and benefit tracking, project demand assessments, and project prioritisation.
- Ensure rigorous financial governance requirements are consistently applied, including thorough financial review and challenge of business cases.
- Develop standardised, informative reporting for individual projects within the portfolio, working closely with finance managers.
- Lead the annual 5-year financial planning and quarterly reforecasting processes for the change portfolio.
- Build a robust internal network across project management, finance, and the organisation’s community, providing insights and support.
- Coach, guide, and train colleagues across the organisation to embed financial governance and benefits frameworks as standard practice.
- Establish a strong external network of finance and project management contacts within the sector to ensure the adoption of leading practices.
What you’ll need to offer:
As an experienced finance professional you would bring extensive experience of leading and developing teams across accounting, budget preparation, forecasting, offering high quality finance business partnering support to business units including senior stakeholders engagement.
You will be promoting and building successful relationships both externally and internally at all levels.
You will ideally be a qualified accountant ( ACA / ACCA / CIMA / CIPFA ) with substantial financial, change and transformation leadership within a similar complex organisation.
What’s in it for you:
- Generous holiday entitlement of Annual Leave: 42 days paid holiday every year including bank holidays and days when organisation is closed
- Work Life/Family Balance: A commitment to helping you achieve a work life balance, including flexible working opportunities; generous family leave packages, including maternity, paternity, adoption/surrogacy and parental/partner leave; and childcare voucher scheme;
- Skills Development: Access to professional, personal and leadership development.
- Pensions: Access to one of three competitive pension schemes, with generous employer contributions;
- Facilities: An impressive range of on site facilities.
- Reward and Recognition: Competitive pay structures and reward policies;
- Discounts and Expense Schemes: Save on shopping, public transport, cycling, healthcare and financial services.
- A salary of c£60,000 – 75,000 depending upon relevant experience